State Farm Insurance Company this month donated $160,000 to MU. State Farm’s total gift giving to MU academic programs is now $1.8 million.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the generosity of State Farm and Mizzou’s long-standing partnership with the company,” MU Provost Garnett Stokes said June 11 during the announcement. “State Farm’s continued support in important MU community outreach programs shows their dedication and investment in bettering the community and state, and we thank them for their vision.”
The money will support several MU programs, including:
- The MU College of Education’s Achieve Program
- Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business’s Risk Management and Insurance Program and the Marketing Program
- MU College of Human Environmental Sciences’ Personal Finance Program and the Family Impact Center
- MU Health Care’s Frank Mitchell Trauma Center for Motor Vehicle Crash Outreach
- MU Extension’s Emergency Services Training