Ellis Fischel Cancer Center will offer free head, neck, oral or thyroid cancer screenings for men and women ages 18 and older from 1 to 4 p.m. April 10 on the cancer center’s second floor at One Hospital Drive.
Reservations are required and can be made by emailing Pam Garfias at email@example.com or calling (573) 882-4289.
“I would encourage every adult — especially tobacco users — to take advantage of the free screening,” said Dr. Robert Zitsch, chair of the Department of Otolaryngology and a head and neck surgical oncologist. “It’s a decision that could ultimately save your life.”
Signs and symptoms include:
- Mouth sore that doesn’t heal or increases in size
- Persistent pain in mouth or jaw
- Lumps or white, red or dark patches in mouth
- Thickening of inside of cheek interior
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing or moving tongue
- Swelling of or pain in jaw
- Soreness in throat
- Pain in gums or loosening of teethNumbness of tongue
- Voice changes
- Lump on neck