Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

Aug. 25, 2011 Volume 33, No. 1

Lafferre Hall update

Officials from MU’s Department of Environmental Health & Safety have declared a laboratory room in Lafferre Hall safe after completing cleanup of a chemical spill that was reported Aug 17.

While the cause of the spill is still under investigation, MU officials have identified some of the chemicals involved. Those chemicals included potassium hydroxide, aluminum, copper sulfate, acetone, methanol and isopropyl alcohol. Acetone, methanol and isopropyl alcohol are common cleaning solvents.

No injuries resulted from the spill. The lab was released back to the researcher Aug. 18.